CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
This silky and delicious soup is the perfect dinner for low-calorie days. Eat a bowl along with a green salad and you will feel amazingly light when you wake up the following morning.
I like to include a potato as it thickens the soup and gives it a little more body. It helps you to feel more satisfied and will keep you from snacking before bedtime. I prefer to use heavy cream. Calories and fat are not our enemy ladies. Consuming too much of it is. When you switch out the fatty items to fat-free you will end up with cravings. Instead, stick to the real deal and don’t overeat.
This soup is super easy to make, takes little time and it freezes well.
- 1 tablespoon of oil or butter
- 1 large onion
- Garlic, use as much as you like
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 medium potato
- Around 1 lb of broccoli
- Around 4 cups of broth
- ¼ cup of heavy cream or half and half
- Salt and pepper
- Heat butter or oil in a pot, add onion and cook until translucent
- Add garlic and thyme, cook until fragrant
- Stir in the flour and toast until it starts getting color, maybe one minute
- Add half the broth, stir to avoid lumps, add potato and simmer for a little while
- Use as much broth as needed to get to desired consistency
- Add broccoli and cook until soft
- Blend until smooth, then add cream and serve
Add salt and pepper as you go along. Be careful with the salt as the broth already contains lots.
Tip: divide the soup into 4 containers and freeze for future quick fixes. Do not add cream to the freezer meals until you heat them up.
300 calories per serving
10 gr of protein
5 gr. Fiber
18 gr fat